36. Do you have any specific goal or something you want to accomplish?
a. Eventually shoot feature films, which I’m currently working on making happen.
37. How do you feel about people reposting your pictures without crediting you?
a. It sucks and I try to remind them for the credit but that’s just something I have to accept.
38. Your favorite two lenses and do you believe the mark 3 holds up to the 1D series for the price difference.
a. I forget the difference but yes I think it does fine. Its sharp and the images are amazing. Most of the time you’re only showing your work on the Internet. 24-105 and 70-200.
39. What do you feel is more important to you as a DP, creativity or technical ability with equipment?
a. Both for sure but creativity. But you have to also understand your gear and how to utilize. The biggest thing is knowing how to see and read light more than the actual camera. Let your AC handle that.
40. How did you get into the industry and what steps did you take to get where you are now?
a. Networking my way up. Working with more and more people and bigger artists each shoot. Also being a good person and knowing my craft so people want to hire me.
41. Did u start doing photo n have to pick up video since people want ig vids etc of tour or did u always do video? And what do u do on the off tour times? Do u hop on tour with any artists?
a. I started with video since it’s a lot more complicated and my heart is in the film world. I am first and foremost and filmmaker. I am usually making other art, traveling, but usually always shooting. Usually I shoot commercials for a living, tour is just a fun side thing too.
42. Do you get bored of taking photos of the same show over and over and over again
a. It gets boring fast so you have to find creative ways to keep it interesting.
43. Would you recommend going to school for cinematography/photography?
a. Yes and no. Someone people need the structure and others don’t but just because you go to school doesn’t mean youll be good or have work and just because you don’t go to school doesn’t mean you’ll be successful. You have to sacrifice a lot in life to achieve your dreams and that means hours of sleep, parties, and more. So to answer your question, do what makes you happy but weigh the pros and cons for each.
44. Where can we access the tour pics?
45. How do you choose which photos to post , is it hard to choose just a few when you have alot of pictures that you love?
a. Yes and no. It’s a combination of good lighting, great framing and composition, and what the photo is about. Action, landscape, portrait, each type has different elements that make it great and memorable and if it meets a certain amount of requirements then you know its post worthy.
46. Where did you learn about lighting? I need more info on lighting. I learned some things at school, but I feel like I still don't understand a lot about lighting.
a. Practice is the biggest thing. Experimenting for fun in your garage, dorm room, whatever. Watch what others do. Be a PA on sets and learn what tools they use and if you can, ask why.
47. What makes YOU happy? Where do you see yourself in ten years?
a. Being alive. Getting paid to do what I love and be around the people Iove. In 10 years I see myself shooting big feature films.
48. What is it like being on tour all the time? don't you get really tired and don't you miss your family and friends back home? or is it just one fun ride all over the world?